A good friend and cheerleader of mine, Carmen Torbus, is doing an "Inspiring Minds Want to Know" project on her blog at http://www.carmentorbus.com/blog/category/imwtk. She's challenging people to answer the questions.
Here I go!
1. You’ve got some amazing things happening and I can’t wait to hear more about it! Can you tell us a little about yourself and the inspiration behind what you do?
I'm on the verge of jumping into the manager position of an art studio of which I will eventually be a 50% owner. The prospect is exciting and scary! My partner is amazing, the possibilities are endless. Now, if I could just convince myself that I can DO IT! I think the inspiration behind everything I do is connection. Connection with my spirit, other people, the world. Another inspiration is the possibility of spreading love, joy, and peace.
I am a creative, analytical, resourceful, friendly person who loves my family, my friends, art, music. I'm addicted to iTunes, Jon Bon Jovi, and chocolate. New friends make my heart happy...as does finding people who share my passion for creativity and the propagation of peace.
2. We’re dying to know, what inspires you more than anything else in the whole world?
3. What is your big dream? Yes, the BIG one! The really, super big, pee your pants when make it happen dream. The one you feel a wee bit nervous saying out loud. Yep, that one!
To have a career that feeds my creative spirit, supports my family, makes me HAPPY,
and helps me scatter joy, peace, and love.
4. Tell us how you’re going to feel when you make it happen!
Absolutely, positively BLISSED OUT.
5. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail and fear didn’t exist?
Say YES. Take the risk. Never look back.
6. What’s next for you?
Working with a fellow "creative spirit" to open an art studio where we'll
teach pottery and other art classes to people of all ages. Might I be so bold as to hope
that #3 is about to come true?
7. What are you working on right now that you could use some support and encouragement on?
Convincing myself that I can follow my heart and my passion. Convincing myself that I AM as good
as others think that I am. Convincing myself that I am worth the pursuit of my DREAMS.
8. What advice, tips, resources, and overall good-to-know information would you offer someone just starting out with regards to finding passion & inspiration and digging in?
Find a support network of kind, loving, encouraging people. BELIEVE what they tell you.
Do what you LOVE. Success will follow.
Find blogs that inspire you. Read them. Share them.
Surround yourself with things and people who make your heart happy.
9. Is there anything else you’d like to share?
My favorite quote EVER:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~Marianne Williamson
10. Where can we find you online and what is the best way to connect with you?
I'm an Army wife and Mother of two on a mission to find balance and live a healthy life. I know I do better when I am on the journey with others. That's what this blog is about...women supporting and inspiring one another to be the best that we can be. Welcome to the Inspiration Spot!